The Wilson ball machine is easily portable and offers power, convenience, small size, and a rich array of features to satisfy your tennis practice needs.
The Wilson ball machine is manufactured by Sports Tutor, which also makes the popular Tennis Tutor ball machines. Wilson Sporting Goods fully licenses out the manufacturing and allows Sports Tutor to use its brand name for the Wilson Portable ball machine.
Wilson, the number one brand in tennis and one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment, is owned by Amer Sports. They provide millions of players throughout the world with the leading technology they need to stay ahead of their competition. Wilson’s primary goal is to help players improve their overall tennis game. They were proud to have the number one ranking for “Hot New Racket” in 2008.
The Wilson portable ball machine is the only tennis ball machine currently produced under the Wilson ball machine brand, and it has a number of advanced features. The Wilson ball machine prides itself on actually being portable, weighing in at only 38 lbs (17.24 kg) including the battery, and is very compact (22”L x 14”W x 20”H)(.56m x .36m x .51m). It includes a built in handle and towing wheels as well. Ball capacity is 110 balls. There is also an optional protective cover and a remote control available for purchase.
The Wilson Ball Machine offers the following features.
- Speed Control – adjust tennis ball speed from 10 – 75 mph (16-120 kph)
- Trajectory Control – direct balls to fire at groundstroke level or lob height for a full range of practice options.
- Spin Control – adjust the machine to fire shots to come at you with top spin, under spin, or no spin
- Interval Control – set the time between ball firing from one ball every 1.5 seconds for volley work at the net, to one ball every 10 seconds, which is good for beginners.
- Enhanced Battery Life – you get 3-4 hours per charge with the standard purchase and the Wilson ball machine also has an optional external battery pack that will extend the battery charge if you want to practice longer.
- Built-In Oscillator – you can set the Wilson tennis ball machine to deliver balls in the same spot or rotate to different positions throughout the court.
- All-In-One Control Panel – you’ll find all settings on a single electronic control panel. The panel also features a battery charge indicator to let you know when the battery is running low, as well as an automatic time delay that lets you walk to the other side of the court before the machine starts to fire.
- Warranty – Each Wilson portable ball machine is backed by a one-year warranty that covers parts and labor. Extended warranties are also available and are issued by the manufacturer, Sport Tutor.
Overall, the Wilson ball machine offers many of the standard features you find with most tennis ball machines for a reasonable price. It’s a good investment and brings enough versatility for most player ability levels.
For a more detailed review of the Wilson portable ball machine see the link to our post below.
Wilson Ball Machine Review – The Wilson ball machine has a 2-line feature where 2 tennis players can practice at the same time. No other tennis ball machine offers this at this price.